Monday, November 25, 2013

Pills are not yummy

My poor daughter has started taking thyroid meds along with her growth hormone injection every day. Normally I crush a pill and mix it with a bit of juice and have her drink it  Today she didn't want to drink her "hormone juice" she wanted to just take the pill. Ok, saves me a step if she can do it. I told her they were yucky, so don't bite it. She accidentally spit it into the cup the first time she tried to swallow it down with a swig of juice. She said it did not taste yummy. Second sip, gone. My four year old can swallow pills! I was 12 before I could. I'm both awed that she can do it and saddened that she needs to. At least she's happy and healthy.  I love my little girl. She's amazes me every day. Love her little leather jacket. :)

1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow! I'm almost 26 and I still can't swallow pills. Awesome girl.

    ReplyDelete